Preparing for Your Move
Don’t be overwhelmed with preparing for a local or long-distance move when you make Four Guys And A Truck moving company your planner. Backed by more than 15 years of experience in the industry, we’ll provide you with helpful hints and moving tips to make preparing a breeze. Are you moving soon but not sure where to start? Read on to learn how your move can run more smoothly!
Tips For A Smooth Move:
1. Moving is a great opportunity to go through your belongings and decide what’s trash or treasure. Make a list of all the items youdon’t want to bring with you when you move. Then contact Big Brothers Big Sisters, Goodwill, or your local resale store to take these items off your hands.
2. Tally all the major items you do want to bring when you move. Call us with that information. We will help you on the size of the truck and the number of guys you need for your move. This way, we can give you a more accurate quote.
3. Make Four Guys And A Truck aware of any obstacles we may encounter at either location. For example: elevators, truck access, low clearances, etc.
4. Pack thoroughly using boxes that are appropriate to the size/amount of the items inside. Use packing supplies such as newspaper, packing paper, bubble wrap, or towels and linens for your more fragile belongings. Painters tape and sharpies are your friends!
5. Try to have a person at the destination location to help direct the placement of your belongings. This is a great way to save time! If you cannot be at unload area, please notify crew leader who that person is and give them there phone number in case of any problems along the way
6. Before your move, take pictures of each room. We are creatures of habit. More often than not, you will want to recreate that look on the other end. This also helps with placement of furniture and estimating the size needed for it.
7. If going from one home to another, please label boxes and put painters tape on furniture with hand written instructions on what room it should go in to your new home.
8. If dressers, bureaus, end tables, bookcases or armoires are in your inventory, please have all drawers and cabinets empty.
9. Please make sure your Furniture will fit in new location. Measuring ahead of time will help eliminate us getting to new home and something doesn’t fit.
10. If any item needs extra special attention in wrapping or packing, please alert our crew leader and he will take appropriate actions.
11. If you have any large items such as dining room table, large TV centers , head boards, foot boards, swing sets and it is possible to disassemble ahead of time, it will save you on time and ultimately money spent for the move.
12. Please put all TV / DVR/ Game Center cords in a zip lock bag and label for quick set-up/ reinstall.
13. Please know we do not transport any important materials such as money, jewelry and important documents. Please be sure to pack, store safely and transport personally.
14. Please know that our guys will move as quickly and responsibly as possible – they do work very hard – offering bottled water would be greatly appreciated. If our guys do an outstanding job, please consider a tip. It is not required but greatly appreciated.
15. If packing seems too overwhelming or stressful, call us to request Four Guys And A Truck packing services!